Terms & Conditions
Doing Business with Pure Events
By confirming your order with Pure Events, you have agreed to our Terms and Conditions policy below. Pure Events reserve the right to update our Terms and Conditions at any time.
The hire booking is confirmed upon receipt of the hire deposit of 30%. By paying a deposit of 30% you are agreeing to Pure Events Terms and Conditions.
Credit Card details must be provided upon hire. No extra costs will be charged to your card unless items are lost, damaged or returned in an unsuitable manner.
An additional Security bond will be required for dry hires only on pick up of hire equipment. Security bond will be refunded after the hire; less any incidentals or damage.
Pure Events will be under no obligation to proceed with the hire if the deposit or full payment has not received within designated times.
Photo ID must be presented on collection of hire items.
2 CANCELLATION OF A CONFIRMED HIRE
Written notice is required.
After the deposit of has been paid cancellation will result in forfeiture of the deposit.
Deposit is non-refundable
If any items are removed from hire of confirmed quote anytime with 7 days prior to event they will be charged at full rate.
All amounts paid towards the hire are non-refundable.
Booking is not transferable unless alternative date is available. If Pure Events are not available you will either forfeiture full amount or find an alternative date. If extra costs are created from change you will incur these costs
Once equipment is delivered to location and set up it is 100% none refundable. Equipment has been held for event and delivery and all labour costs are completed. It is not possible to book this to another event for the same day.
3 CHANGE OF DATES
Will in some cases be deemed as a cancellation. As above you will immediately forfeiture your deposit unless change of date is 90 days prior to event to allow Pure Events to on hire equipment to another event as in most cases we would have either held equipment or bought additional equipment in for your event. If any works have been done or costs have been created due to change of date the hirer will be charged accordingly. This could include things such as labour for prepping and loading of equipment or any other costs involved. Please discuss with Pure Events.
4 HIRE RATES
Installation and setup is not included in our hire rates. If you require installation or set up – please contact Pure Events.
Hire rates cover hire over a 24 hours’ period or part thereof. Failure to have items ready for collection or returned on the agreed date will incur a late charge fee.
5 WEEKEND HIRE RATES
· Hirer can pick up anytime Friday during business hours and return prior to 12pm on Monday for a 24 hour hire rate.
· If after 12pm you will incur and additional 24 hour charge
6 TERMS IN REGARDS TO WEATHER FOR OUTDOOR EVENTS
· North Queensland is a great place for outdoor events and you can achieve some really stand out events here in the tropics, however we also have the possibility of rain or bad weather conditions. As you ( the Hirer ) have chosen the location of your outdoor event you ( the Hirer ) are the one taking the risk. Pure Events are not liable for any risk or cancellation involved with rain or weather conditions. A call for an alternative location is required 48 hours prior to event as we have to prep all equipment for the location of the event. To unpack and re-prep equipment after 48 hours it will incur additional charges. If location is not changed within 48 hours prior to event and you ( the hirer ) take the risk of having your event outdoors, in the event of any poor weather conditions during the event you ( the hirer ) are fully responsible for any outcome and no refund will be given. Once equipment is set at location of your choice it is charged at 100% of cost. If after the set has either been started or completed on the day and rain occurs, all labour costs to move to a different location will also be charge to the hirer.
· Full payment is required prior to dispatch, or on collection of the equipment. Credit Card Details may be kept on file to finalise any outstanding payments after the hire. By signing the terms and conditions you agree that any outstanding charges will be deducted from your Credit Card.
· Pure Events may use the electricity supply at the Site for the purposes of installing and/or operating any of the Equipment. This is at no cost to Pure Events.
· The Hirer warrants that it has the right to access the Site, and that the Pure Events may access the Site to fulfil its obligations under the Contract.
10 PREPERATION OF SITE
· The Hirer must prepare the Site to Pure Events satisfaction for delivery, installation, dismantling and pick up of the Equipment. This includes ensuring the Site is accessible, removing obstacles, levelling the ground, and ensuring the Site is safe. Pure Events is not responsible for doing these things.
11 INSTRUCTIONS FROM HIRER
· The Hirer must provide Pure Events with clear delivery, installation and pick up instructions at least 7 days prior to commencement of the Hire Period.
· These instructions must include the date, time, place and name of the Hirer’s representative who will receive and return the Equipment.
12 DISPLAY OF NAME
· Pure Events identification, trade name, trade mark and signage may appear on the Equipment. The Hirer must not conceal or obliterate these.
· The Hirer cannot claim any charges from Pure Events for advertising in respect of these.
13 REMOVAL/ ALTERATION & REMOVAL OF EQUIPMENT
· The Hirer must not: remove the equipment from the site or its position of installation; alter the equipment; repair or attempt to repair the equipment; or use the equipment for a purpose which is different from that for which it is designed.
· If requested by Pure Events the Hirer must pay (in addition to the Price) a bond for any dry hires of $100. Pure Events may apply so much of the bond as is necessary to compensate the Pure Events for any breach by the Hirer of the contract, or any damage or loss sustained in respect of the Equipment. The balance if any is refundable to the Hirer.
· Pure Events may terminate the contract at any time without liability to the Hirer. If the contract is terminated the Hirer must return the equipment, or Pure Events may at its election collect the equipment from the site at the Hirer’s cost.
· Any drawings provided to the Hirer are the property of the Pure Events. It is not permitted to copy them or to pass them on to third parties without prior written consent of Pure Events. All Rights Reserved
· The Hirer acknowledges that copyright in all designs, drawings, proposals and other material produced by Pure Events or any of its consultants in connection with this contract remains the property of Pure Events (or its consultants as the case may be). The Hirer must not infringe copyright in respect of that material.
18 CANCELLATION & EARLY RETURNS
· If the Hirer cancels the order after it has been accepted or fails to take delivery of the equipment the Hirer must pay the price to Pure Events as liquidated damages.
The Hirer is not entitled to any refund of the price if it returns the equipment before the hire period ends.
19 CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS
· The Hirer authorises Pure Events to complete any documentation for the purposes of the Hirer making payment through any credit card or direct debit system. Pure events may, in addition to the price, charge a credit card fee for payment by credit card. Pure Events reserves the right to refuse payment by credit card, including: where the price exceeds $2,000; where the Hirer proposes to use American Express; or where payment is not made at the times and in the amounts required by these terms. Should the owner accept payment by credit card under any of these circumstances then a credit card fee equal to 1.5% (Visa/Master) or 3% (Amex) of the total payment will be charged, plus applicable GST. Our preferred methods of payment are electronic funds transfer or direct debit.
· The Price will be paid as follows:
(a) 30% non-refundable deposit on acceptance of the order by Pure Events
(b) 50% deposit 30 days prior to commencement of the hire period; and
(c) 70% final payment due 7 days prior to commencement of installation for the hire period.
Pure Events is not obliged to deliver possession of the equipment to the Hirer until funds given in payment of the price are cleared.
21 PRICE LISTS
· Any price lists published by Pure Events may be changed without notice.
22 ADDITIONAL COSTS
· The Hirer must pay to Pure Events in addition to the price, all costs incurred by the Hirer (including labour costs):
(a) for delivery of the equipment, including any additional costs for delivery to other than street level meaning stairs or delays with elevators;
(b) for freight, installation, dismantling, packing and pick up of the equipment;
(c) for providing any service to the Hirer outside of ordinary work hours, on weekends or public holidays;
(d) for design, consultancy and other similar services provided in connection with the hire of the equipment or the Hirer’s event;
(e) if the site is not adequately prepared for delivery and/or installation of the Equipment;
(f) if the Pure Events cannot obtain access to the site;
(g) arising from a variation to the contract, including without limitation: a change in the type of equipment required; a change in the position where the equipment is to be or has been installed upon the site; a change in the location of the site; or a change in the delivery or pick up instructions from those first agreed;
(h) arising from a failure of the Hirer to be in attendance at the agreed time for delivery or pick up of the equipment;
(i) in cleaning the equipment where it has been returned in an unclean state;
(j) for service calls to the site during the hire period;
(k) for site inspections in excess of 2 for any one Contract;
(l) in enforcing any provision of the contract against the Hirer; and
(m) for replacement of any equipment not returned by the Hirer at the end of the hire period, or at Pure Events election 100% of the daily rate applicable under the Contract for each day or part thereof that equipment remains unreturned.
If any costs referred to in this clause are ascertainable before the hire period commences, they must be paid before that time. This provision does not limit Pure Events rights to damages, compensation or indemnity under any other provision of these Terms.
· The Price is for the hiring of the equipment for the hire period. It does not include delivery, preparation of the site, freight, installation, dismantling, packing or pick up, unless as otherwise stated.
24 DELIVERY AND PICK UP
· Delivery and pick up charges are not included in our hire prices.
· Delivery charges quoted are based on a non-specific time between 9:00am – 4:30pm from Monday to Friday, unless stated otherwise.
· All items must be left in an easily accessible position at the completion of the hire.
· A surcharge may apply for specific delivery times. This includes out of business hours or when we need extra crew outside our normal crew hours
· Hirer must advice of unusual delivery conditions this includes but is not limited to dangerous dogs and steep driveways.
· Pure Events and its employees are not responsible for any damages to property in the course of delivery or pick up of our equipment. All care will be taken but no responsibility given.
· Items are NOT to be removed from the delivered address without written consent from Pure Events
· Hirer must pack the items in the containers provided at the end of the event in a complete, clean and dry state. Do not put linen back in containers wet as it will be unusable and at your cost for replacement
· All linen and material items must be dry, clean from loose food, dust, decorations, confetti, glitter etc.
· Failed collection attempts will be charged for.
· All deliveries and pick-ups are to the ground floor only unless otherwise quoted. Additional charges may apply where the delivery of equipment is more than 25 metres away from where our vehicle can park.
25 NONE LOCAL AREA'S
Magnetic Island, Charters Towers, Ayr, Home Hill and Ingham are not considered as local areas and due to labour rates and fuel charges they will incur extra costs. Magnetic Island as you know incurs barge fees and accommodation which will be charged accordingly.
Definition of Local Area
Local area limits are as follows -
North - Bluewater
South - Alligator Creek
West - Stuart
Any areas past these points will incur extra charges for delivery and pick up.
26 STOLEN EQUIPMENT
It any hire items are stolen while in your care you must pay to replace the product in full
You should have insurance against damage or loss of any equipment. It is advisable to make sure you are covered by your insurance own company.